Thursday 14 October 2010

Beginning The Preliminary Piece

Our teacher has given us our task for our preliminary project. We must make a front cover and contents page for a school magazine. I have done some research on magazine covers to find inspiration for what I can base my project on. I have decided to adopt the simple, yet effective approach of keeping the cover as minimalistic as possible, with just a background picture, title and a small photo and caption introducing the main story, in order to draw the audience in.
I started off by taking pictures around the school. I took a portrait shot of the school first. I decided from the beginning that this would act as the front cover for my project. I also took a candid head and shoulders shot of my friend while he was working on the computer. I planned that this picture would be used as a small feature in the bottom corner of the front cover with a caption next to it. I checked with him before I took the shot to be sure that I had his consent. The raw shots that I have taken are shown below. I now plan to go and edit the pictures in order to be compliant with my magazine cover.
Portrait Shot Of The School (Raw)
Portrait Head And Shoulders Candid Shot



No comments:

Post a Comment