Tuesday 16 November 2010

Research For Main Project (Music Magazine)

Upon completion of the preliminary task, I have now started research for the music magazine project. For this task I need to make a front cover, contents page, and a double pages spread article.

I have started off by measuring the dimensions of a standard music magazine, so that I can implement the same size. I discovered that the standard size is 30cm x 23cm, instead of the A4 size I expected it would be.

I have had a look at some of the designs and layouts of existing music magazines as well. I found that the styles seemed to vary depending on the genre of the music that the magazine covers, and also the target audience. Magazines such as NME and Kerrang, both promote Rock and Alternative genre's to the teenage audience, and both have very action packed, eyecatching covers. Examples of this are shown below...















In contrast, magazines aimed at the more mature and sophisticated audience have a toned down and simplistic look about them. This is down to the genre of music that they are trying to promote, for example Classical music. Examples of these types of magazines are shown below...


 



No comments:

Post a Comment